Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/66/11823966/html/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-news-letter/subscribers.php on line 72

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/66/11823966/html/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-news-letter/subscribers.php on line 72
Consulate of Gabon | services >

Registry Office

The consular registry office enables you to register major events in your life (birth, marriage or death). A birth can be registered within thirty (30) days. For a transcription of the birth certificate, you are requested to submit the following documents:

  • A copy of the US birth certificate of the child
  • A copy of the Gabonese passport, or if necessary a certificate of nationality of at least one of the parents
  • A copy of the birth certificate of both parents

Please be reminded that an $20.00 fee will be applied to obtain a transcription of the birth certificate.

You may either report to the Consulate office or send the above information by mail.


  • For children born in the USA, an American passport must be issued in order to facilitate their return to the USA after spending time abroad.
  • In regards to marriage certificates between two Gabonese nationals or between a Gabonese national and a foreigner, it is advisable to directly contact the relevant American authorities (Marriage License Office) to officiate your union.
  • After the formalization of your marriage, you may submit a request in writing to the Consulate for the transcription of your marriage. Please indicate your full address and telephone contact.
  • Remember to include a copy of your  valid passport or a copy of your certificate of Gabonese nationality. The request for marriage transcription must be made by either the husband or the wife or both individuals.
  • For Gabonese nationals, wishing to marry at the Consulate, you are advised to contact us directly to obtain the proper documents.