Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/66/11823966/html/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-news-letter/subscribers.php on line 72

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/content/66/11823966/html/wp-content/plugins/subscribe-news-letter/subscribers.php on line 72
Consulate of Gabon | services >

Consular Registration

Note: This site contains PDF documents (Portable Document Format) Readable using the free Adobe Reader Software
if you do not have it, you can download by clicking here  

The role of the Consulate of the Gabonese Republic in New York is to provide the Gabonese nationals residing in its jurisdiction with consular assistance.

What the Consulate can do for you:

  • It can issue you a consular registration card within three (3) months following your arrival in the consular district.
  • Registration allows you to have at all times, access to many administrative services provided by the Consulate and enjoy consular protection, should the need arise.
  • This formality is necessary, simple, free of charge and is open to all  Gabonese nationals established in the States of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.  We encourage you to consider it as an integral part of your security. Upon presentation of a valid passport, a consular card will be issued for a period of three (3) years, renewable.

Documents required:

  • A completed application form
  • A copy of the first page of your passport
  • A copy of your ID or your certification of Gabonese nationality
  • A copy of a I-94 ( a white document given to you by the US Immigration Officer upon your arrival)
  • 2 passport-sized photographs(please have your name written on the back)
  • A copy of your green card
  • Proof of employment or school registration

Download the PDF Form Here.

Should you move to a new consular district, you are required to inform the Consulate.
Your name will be removed from the Consular registry shall you decide to permanently leave the district for Gabon or for another country.

The Consulate cannot:

  • Pay for your hotel or hospital bills or any expenses incurred by you
  • Lend you money
  • Issue you a passport in case of emergency
  • Repatriate you at the expense of the State of Gabon, except of course in particular cases
  • Grant you consular protection should you hold the nationality of the host country
  • Intervene with justice in order to have you released should you be involved in a serious legal matter or accused of a serious offense committed on the territory of the host country.